To apply for SAR Membership, please submit the following documentation:
- Completed SAR Membership Application, (including responsible broker's signature if necessary)
- Copy of your California Department of Real Estate salesperson's or broker's license
- Payment for the appropriate dues amount.
For additional information or assistance in joining, please contact SAR Member Services at 916-922-7711.
New Member Orientation
When you join SAR, you must register for a New Member Orientation. We offer two orientation options:
- A Commercial-specific orientation is scheduled for the fourth Tuesday of each month from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. The ethics course is completed on-line.
- As part of a primarily residential orientation scheduled on the 3rd Monday, 12:30 - 4:00 p.m. and 1st Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. - noon each month.
Note: Applications must be submitted a minimum of 48 work week hours prior to a scheduled class. Please arrive on time and plan to stay for the duration. Please do not bring children with you, as this is a classroom environment.
- SAR's Commercial New Member Orientation covers:
- Presentation of New Member Packet and REALTOR® pin
- Overview of SAR benefits
- Explanation of Code of Ethics training
- An introduction to SAR Public Affairs, Education and Website
- Commercial Property Bulletin Board and Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
Your SAR Commercial Division Membership includes the use of our online Commercial Property Bulletin Board found on this website. REALTOR® Membership does not include access to the residential MLS. SAR participates in an independent regional MLS known as MetroList Services Inc. For subscription details for MLS, see subscribing to MetroList®.